Saturday, January 19, 2008

A quote from our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley

"Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others. . . . By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves.
"For many years there was a sign on the wall of a shoe repair shop I patronized. It read, 'I complained because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet.' The most effective medicine for the sickness of self-pity is to lose ourselves in the service of others"

My husband and I are speaking in church tomorrow and I came across this quote while studying. I love President Hinckley, he is so inspired!

2 comments:

  1. he has a way of putting everything into perspective!! I just love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Abbott
    I feel exactly the same way!

    ReplyDelete