Friday, March 6, 2009

Walk to Cure Diabetes! Kylee is putting a team together!

This is the art me and Kylee designed for our team t-shirts!
spencer's amigos'!

Hi Family and Friends!

As most of you know my older brother Spencer Flitton was diagnosed with Diabetes type 1 when he was only 12 years old. I remember finding out my brother was in the hospital and I was sad and scared. He was gone for a week. I gave him a red bird stuffed animal to make him feel better. When he got home I felt bad watching him get shots all the time and not being able to eat like the rest of us. Spencer has been the best older brother. He always gives great advice and has a great attitude. I am very proud of him.

It has been our families tradition to do the walk to cure diabetes every year, with the hope to bring awareness to everyone about this frustrating disease. Since my brother is currently serving his church mission, he cannot walk. I have decided to organize a group to walk in his behalf. This is my first year doing this by myself. The walk also happens to be on my brother’s birthday. I feel this is no coincidence. Please support us in celebrating Spencer’s perseverance on his 20th birthday May 9th in Tacoma.

If you would like to join our group
( team name: spencer’s amigos!) to raise funds and walk please click on this web site. Or if you just want to walk with us to support that would be great!
http://walk.jdrf.org/register.cfm?id=87315316

If you can't walk would you please donate, they have made it easy online. Go to this website: http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=87315316.

My personal goal is to raise $500.00.

Thanks for your support!!!

With Love,

Kylee Brown
Team Captain
spencer’s amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment