Monday, June 28, 2010

An update from Spencer!!!

Well this last week was very good! I had a TON of miracles happen.. its been quite amazing. This week we committed 12 people to baptism just right on the streets! It was awesome and helped us out too. Now we have 4 baptismal dates with Giovanni on the way for his own this week. We found a really neat family named the Ocampos. They have a lot of potential. We set up a date with the oldest son whose name is Eli, it looks promising. We also have been working with some other families and yeah the work is going! We have been pretty low on our allotment of car miles so we had to walk a lot this last week. We had a lot of contacting going and ran into a lot of different people. One guy, who was drunk, got down on his knees and started asking me for forgiveness! I told him, " I can't forgive you only God can. " It was pretty sad though.. The world cup is going on now too and, being here, its a pretty big deal. a lot of people became sad at the news that Mexico lost so that was an interesting day. Soccer of course is huge here. I have actually started to like it too myself! haha weird I know. anyway Thursday was a pretty emotional day. It was Zone conference so I was able to give my "final" testimony there. I cried the whole time explaining how I couldn't believe I was standing in front of them all! I still cant believe I don't have much time left.. I don't feel it at all! Alright so for the miracles; I couldn't believe it, but last Sunday I was able to perform the baptism of one of my investigators whom I worked so hard with: Jxxx Duran. yeah I couldn't believe it! For 8 months did I struggle with this guy and his alcohol addiction, but he overcame it and was able to be baptized... and like I said he gave me the honor of performing it... I tell you that was one of the happiest moments of my life (and reliefs haha) it was awesome. After he came out of the water I was able to embrace him.. the Spirit was strong. As well, earlier that Sunday we had stake conference and to my surprise an investigator whom I thought would never ever be interested in what we have, called us up in the morning to tell us he was going to church! His name was Lou and let me tell you if you saw him, you wouldn't believe he came to church. He is trying to get over some addictions right now, he had tattoos all over him, and he swears quite a bit, but he came. The most surprising thing about it was at 4 am he woke up thinking of me! I guess my testimony and the hope I have had for this guy got to him and he explained that it was "Your God telling me to come to church" haha he loved it though. I guess you never know who will accept your testimony.. I have a lot of hope for him. anyway it was a good week :)

Alright mom well i love you and miss you. take care!

Elder Flitton

Isn't he wonderful!  I just love that boy!!!  I have been praying my heart out that he will enjoy these last few weeks and be able to accomplish the desires of his heart.  He so loves the gospel and the people he is serving.  I am so grateful for his willing and faithful spirit.  He is a wonderful example to us all.  See you soon son!


1 comment:

  1. Spencer has been so dedicated and positive about his mission. It's been a joy to see him grow in the gospel. Here's to a wonderful homecoming! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete