Jensen is the last person that would want any attention...so of course we had to throw him a surprise birthday party! Jensen's good friend Blake and his family were gracious enough to host the party at their home. Blake helped with the surprise by inviting Jensen up for Pizza...I intentionally didn't make dinner so he would be hungry. We also had the party 6 days before he actually turns 16 because next weekend is Homecoming. I think this helped with the surprise factor.
Jensen was clueless, and didn't even realize all the horns and screams were for him...his words, " What is going on...I think I'm in shock!" We put a t-shirt on him that everyone signed for his birthday day. They hung out by the fire, played some ball, listened to tunes, and ate Jensen's favorite snacks; pretzels, Puppy Chow, homemake rootbeer, sweedish fish, nachos, homemade caramel and apples, and his favorite cake with Creamsicle ice cream.
It was suppose to rain, but thankfully the weather was beautiful, and the storm rolled in around 11 pm as the party was ending. Perfect! Jensen then came home with some friends and they stayed over and up ALL night...this morning we had breakfast and are now relaxing...I am so happy he enjoyed himself and is surrounded by great friends. Thanks to everyone who came and helped out!
What a great idea...looks like everyone had a good time! Happy Birthday Jensen!
ReplyDelete