Thursday, January 20, 2011

New NEWS part 2 Kylee

Another birthday brings Kylee into adulthood.  She is the big 18 this month and is doing great!  She continues to attend Green River Community College full time and is a Senior in high school.  She is pulling 18 credits this semester and has been diligent with her studies.  We are getting lots of offers from colleges, however she has decided to finish her associates degree at Green River before transferring to a University.  She and Spencer will both complete their associates degrees at the same time which should be the end of winter semester next year.  That is exciting!!!  Kylee was leaning toward BYUI before we took Spencer there.  She likes the idea of a smaller campus.  But after experiencing the frigid cold she has changed her mind. Can't say I blame her,  I felt horrible leaving Spencer to the bitter cold myself.  Maybe BYU Hawaii?  Who knows? 
She is still working a few hours a week at the dental office, unfortunately her POC car had an electrical problem and I became her taxi driver.  That was no bueno!  She is a busy girl.   After a few weeks Jeff administered CPR to the poor car and again got it running.  GO Jeff!
Kylee and Sergei are still dating, we really like him.  He is so good to her, has similar standards, is smart and responsible.  He comes from a large family of 11 siblings and he is the first in his family to attend college.  He is also going to Green River full time and will graduate HS with his associates degree.  He is also the captain of the HS soccer team.  I really want to help him get some scholarships...he wants to attend the University of Washington.  We have really grown to love this "boy toy" of Kylee's and want the best for him.  I think it will be interesting to see how they both transition into adulthood. 


Christmas Eve Pajamas

Kylee still wants to serve a mission,  and with her schooling goals she should have her bachelor's degree done before she leaves.  She has lofty goals and I am so proud of her.  We will be going to Hawaii as a family for her senior trip in May,  we are looking forward to this special family time together before she embarks on her own life journeys.   

1 comment:

  1. Go Kylee! It's amazing how kids today can graduate from high school and get an Associate's Degree at the same time--not a small feat, I am sure. Wow! Kylee, missions are the best! I loved being a sister missionary. :)

    ReplyDelete