Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kylee's Senior Awards Ceremony

It's not like I haven't had a high school graduate before...you would think I could get use to the feelings associated with seeing my children in their graduation garb.  Not so.  Kylee had her awards ceremony a few nights ago and she was instructed to wear her gown.  As soon as she pulled it out of the closet I lost it.  I said, " Don't put that on in front of me."  She rolled her eyes and said "Mom how awkward?"  then left.  She obviously doesn't have the same feelings regarding her moving on that I do.  Honestly I couldn't be prouder.  That is how it's suppose to work. I am just selfish I guess.   Kylee has been an amazing student and an amazing teenager.  She was awarded with a silver rope to represent Magna Cum Laude.  I looked that up for curiosity's sake and found this definition.
EtymologyFrom Latin


[edit] Adverbmagna cum laude (not comparable)

1."With great praise"; an honor added to a diploma or degree for work considered to be of much higher quality than average.

Very fitting for Kylee, she deserves it. She has worked very hard, spent countless hours studying in her room , sometimes missing out on family activities. She is better than average! She also received a scholarship from the Auburn Optimist Club. A darling grandpa of a man presented the scholarship to her infront of her peirs and their families. With this scholarship and generous graduation gifts coming in from family and friends she is hoping to have enough to register for fall semester. Thank you so much for showing her your love and support!


No comments:

Post a Comment