I am part of an online adoption group and came across this post. Not doubt the Lord's hand is invovled. Jon Huntsman learned Chinese while on his LDS church mission. Is this great or what!
Here is the post: ( these are not my words but those from a member of the group)
RQ, I don’t mean to upstage you, but would like to offer a few personal thoughts about Governor Jon Huntsman’s appointment as ambassador to China, without being political at all. Let me say I am quite qualified to make this assessment.
Governor Huntsman is a different party than President Obama and so clearly this is not a political appointment. In my opinion there may have never been a more qualified pick for this position in the history of the United States of America.
Governor Huntsman speaks fluent Mandarin, in the fullest sense of the word. He has lived and traveled extensively to China and led trade missions to China. He has a deep understanding of China on both a cultural, political and business level.
He is former ambassador to Singapore. He knows and is on a first name basis with many of China’s leaders. I believe they look at him very favorably. I know Jon personally, and he is smart, highly capable, honest and fair, and wants to do the right things for the right reasons.
Perhaps most important to us in the adoption community, about seven years ago, Governor Huntsman adopted a little baby girl from China.
Finally, there is no more important partner in the world at this time than China, for the U.S. We must have a friendly and willing partner in China, as she continues to gain power and influence in the world. If any U.S. citizen can make a difference in the role as U.S. Ambassador to China, it is Governor Jon Huntsman.
I believe President Obama pegged it perfectly in his announcement of his pick of Governor Huntsman. He pointed out there is no more important diplomatic position in the world than ambassador to China at this time, and that there is no one better to do the job than Jon Huntsman.
Of course, being in Utah, this is all over the news here. I think Huntsman is the right man for the job. Obama did a good thing!
ReplyDeleteI agree. An inspirational pick by President Obama.
ReplyDeleteMum