I feel so blessed this Mother's Day. First for our own mothers, Barbara and Janet. They are wonderful women who have always been so supportive of our family and our family goals. Happy Mother's Day to them! Jeff and I have been blessed with 4 beautiful, smart, thoughtful, spiritual and talented children. Also this week we received great news about our new addition SiSi. Pronounced SaSa. As in Melissa. We had her files reviewed by specialists, and it seems she has been misdiagnosed. This is wonderful news because she will not need the risky shunt brain surgery we had originally thought necessary to keep her alive. We still have much to worry about, but this is a huge blessing, and I could not have gotten a better Mother's Day gift. My Mother's day just keeps getting better and better. I received the card below from Spencer, and what a wonderful young adult he has turned out to be. There is nothing more rewarding in life than to have a child become a wonderful adult. With him away this Mother's day the card was very timely. He also gets to call me today and we are so excited since we only get two phone calls a year. We are very connected in other ways, we send pictures back and forth, and we email each other weekly. He is so excited for a new little sister and is so supportive.
Another great blessing I have in my life is my wonderful husband. I know many ladies who's husbands' use the excuse "you're not my mother" and don't make the day special. Jeff is not like this at all. He is quite the opposite and goes out of his way to show love and respect to the mother of his children. This year he surprised me with flowers, a movie and is going to cook for me! The cooking part is huge, because he is attempting beef wellington! We became a fan of the tv show Hells'Kitchen. Part of that show includes cooking and preparing beef wellington. It looks so yummy and I have never had it. Jeff researched the recipe, went to the grocery store, and spent 6 hours prep time in the kitchen yesterday to make sure I had a wonderful dinner today...I can't wait to taste it. It is a really hard dish! So props to my hubby, who after 17 years of marriage I have fallen in love with over and over again! He is perfect for me!
I am so happy for you and your family! I hope things continue to work out. I will be following your blog and praying for you and your new daughter.
ReplyDeleteDawn, I am so excited to hear that you will be bringing a new little daughter home! It is magic really! Your family is in a good place to begin this adventure... it is fun to have a toddler and older children! Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day Dawn! I am so happy for you!!! You are such a wonderful mother and deserved only the best!!!! I can't wait to hear how everything goes with the adoption!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie, Erin and Brenda! We are so excited!
ReplyDelete