Friday, July 17, 2009

Boyz will be Boyz part 6 & 7

We got a twofer. ( translation two-for) We live in a neighborhood where we all look out for each other, our neighbors on either side are always on the look out for my boyz to do something wrong. Well last week we really gave them their money's worth. The 1st indecent happened when my daughter's friend dropped by the house to hang out and brought with him some fireworks. He and my boys went outside and decided to have their own show off our back deck toward the wetlands behind our fence. (seems harmless enough since they are wet lands and not dry lands...right?) Well three hours later my neighbor knocks on our door and informs me that they have called the fire department because some "kids" had started a fire in the wet lands with fireworks. He also asked me if I had seen any teenagers lighting fireworks back there. Hmmm...moment of truth. What would you do? Well, I fessed up and told him, " Sure I did, it was my kids!" I think he knew it was us all along and was being passive aggressive about his approach. I felt like knocking on his door and asking him if he knew a little boy who was learning how to ride his bike in our cul de sac and ran into my husband's new car and left a dent without fessing up... I witnessed his son do this about a year ago, but said nothing.
By the way, the fire was a little smoke, and I could have put it out with my bare feet.

The second part to my story happened a day later. I came home from the store to my husband giving a stern talk to our youngest Dallin. Seems our other neighbor had just stopped by to return a golf ball that had just came from our back yard toward his house and broke his back deck light fixture, he wondered if somehow my children were involved? Hmmm, Dallin is holding a golf club in his hand...what are the chances? It seems after Dallin took his practice swing, (watch out Tiger Woods) he realized his aim was off, and ran as far away from the scene of the crime...which happened to be our front yard, and began to play basketball like nothing had happened. So like a good parent, I marched him over to the neighbor's and he apologized for the broken fixture and for his dishonesty.


Now aren't you glad you're not my neighbor?

4 comments:

  1. OMG...these both had me cracking up....sorry, BUT I would still be your neighbor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...what was I gonna say...oh yeah...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...so I've read this post several times...to convince myself the picture of the fire is NOT the wetlands behind your house! I know...I'm old...and I was thinking...you are awesome if you thought you could put that out with your bare feet!

    ReplyDelete