One Year ago in the Missionary Training Center: Provo, UT
I miss my boy...it's a guilty feeling, because he is serving the Lord and I know he is where I want him to be and where the Lord wants him to be. To get past these feelings I remind myself how proud I am of him; my barely 19 year old boy who we drove to Provo, Utah, where we dropped him off knowing we would not see him for two years. He learned in two short months how to be a polite missionary, how to speak another language, and how to devote the next two years of his life to God...He is no longer a boy, but a strapping, handsome, obedient, honest, and honorable man. He has given his will to the Lord who in turn has molded him and directed him to those that are lowly in heart, and need comfort and love. It's so amazing to witness the change that comes about when we are selfless and only concentrate on others well being.I wish I could have served a mission, I take comfort in the fact that I have raised a better person than I was able to be. Spencer I love you...it's been wonderful to watch you grow and progress. I recall the words you mailed me early in your mission, " The Lord doesn't expect perfection, only progression." Thanks for your service and example. We have all been blessed because of it. Love Mommy! ( He won't see this for another year, but I use it as a family journal, and my backup memory. )

Honey,
ReplyDeleteThis made me cry; it is sos tender and sweet. I can not believe it has been a YEAR! Where does the time go? Brady, Gordon's son will be home next month. I plan on going to the homecoming on August ninth.
LOVE YOU,
Mom
Everytime I leave a comment it seems a letter or a word is either added or left out. I will need to check my work better. LOL
ReplyDeleteLove,
MOM
One year...time goes by so quickly and yet in some ways so slowly. Thanks for sharing your thoughts...Spencer is indeed becoming quite the young man...no longer a boy...every mother's dream...even though sometimes you long for the younger days!
ReplyDeleteTime has gone so quickly...it seems to me...probably not for the Mama, BUT you should be very proud...he is a wonderful young man.
ReplyDelete