
Spencer a few years back...always the great big brother.
So, what a surprise. Spencer was able to call from a pay phone at the airport before he left for LA...we almost missed it. He forgot to tell us to expect it, and he was there at 6 am, 5 am our time... but we all saw a Utah number on caller id and we quickly called it back... luckily his companions were still on the phone with their families and Spencer picked up the pay phone. He sounds great! Kylee and I were in tears, his voice is deeper, and he sounds so sure of himself. He is happy, healthy and sends his love to everyone. He has everyone on his mind and in his prayers. He says the MTC was wonderful, he got all his medical supplies through security, but he had some troubles with his pump and the titanium in his ankle, I guess they have stronger metal detectors now, because neither of these use to go off at the airport. He gets a debit card, and will have a budget to follow. I instructed him to not go cheap on groceries, because he only gets to go once a week. He is really an adult and sounds prepared. I am so grateful.
The reason spencer has a metal plate in his leg...surgical break to correct a birth defect...
That is so cool that he got to call you...and he is so excited to be on his way to California...he said that in his last letter to us. Please let us know his new address so we can keep up with him.
ReplyDeletei love spencer!!!!
ReplyDelete:]]
miss him terribly
I'm so glad you guys got to hear from him before he left for LA...now...he must go and conquer! I wish him much love and happiness and I'm very excited to hear about his adventures! Lots and lots of love...and thanks for the address...I will be sending lots of food...groceries are way expensive...sheesh...
ReplyDeleteFood cards!! that way nothing can spoil, that was a good idea that Dawn told me a couple months ago. I told Kasey that Spencer asks how he is and it meant a lot to him, i need to get on writing him myself!!
ReplyDeleteI received a beautiful letter too with pictures. He looks so different and is excited to have learned Spanish so quickly. I love that boy!
ReplyDeleteMomma/Grandma Smith