Thursday, November 13, 2008

All is well with Spencer...Update

The day Spencer arrived in California, he got right to work, this is his first door...
Below is a letter from Spencer...
Hey mom glad to hear from you and hear the family is doing great. The work down here is going good! we still have our(baptism) date and really working with N***. Also we taught fourty lessons last week as well so that is really amazing. two days ago we found a woman who is really interested and i am exited about that! well everything else is going good as well! Don't be worried about me the Lord is definately protecting us as his servants. We had the opportunity to go to the temple this morning and I was about to email you there, but we had to leave because they were going to put the temple grounds (where the mission home is) on lockdown again, but its all good! You should read John chapter 15 becuase it talks about if we are persecuted and not of the world then we know we are true disciples of Christ so no matter what happens, I always keep that scripture in my mind and all is well. I am beyond happy that prop 8 passed because it could have had a chain reaction on Washington as well; so that's a blessing. Its kinda sad that they are blaming the church for their loss, but it is just another way Satan attacks the true church on the Earth. I am just grateful I am on God's side and I have nothing to worry about. Anyway just dont worry about me because i am totally doing great. I got the package and all the stuff. thanks! (next transfers are December 10th). Ok well thats about all. Dont worry, but continue to pray for me! I love you so much mom and miss you too. thanks for all the help you give me!

Love
Elder Flitton

4 comments:

  1. the Lord truly does watch over his missionaries..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dawnie,
    What a nice letter from our boy. He seems to be doing well and I am so very proud of him.
    Love,
    Mom/Grandma S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so great!! He sounds so old!! We are so proud of Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of Spencer and his commitment to his mission. He will be protected and blessed.

    ReplyDelete