Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bad Words

Does any one have any words that are off limits in their homes, besides the standard swear words? Ours is the word "SO." A simple word really, not so significant unless it used in our house. This is our kids token word when we are having a teaching moment. Us saying, "You should not do this or that because of this reason."...
kids reply" SO."
Or, "you might hurt someones feelings if you act a certain way"...
"SO."
This sends me into a list of consequences the kids will be in if I ever hear that word again, and they say...
"SO"
Then they begin to laugh at me because I have outlawed the word "SO" and we are right back where we started...and I have taught them nothing other than the fact I am crazy for not liking the word "SO".

4 comments:

  1. Me...I don't really have any off limits words other than swear words...but Eric however..does...his is "whatever" this word will send him into an instant uproar..not only is this word off limits to the kids...but to me as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!! I think we all have our own list of "bad" or not so "bad" words!! Soooo, glad I'm not the only one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, "whatever" would send my better half into absolute silence...he would walk away...no further discussion! Too weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we totally have a word that's out lawed... it's "no."
    if we say "no" to something, jeff and my mom are like "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?" hahahaha. and then we hurry and take back the "no."

    (:

    ReplyDelete