Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Carl!

So here is a little shout out to my big brother Carl! Who knew I would start crying when I thought about what to write? Carl was there for me as a child. I don't even know who I would have been without the comfort and security of knowing he was there. Without my dad around, Carl naturally filled in that spot for us at home. He is 5 years older than me and 7 more than my sister. With my mom working all the time, he was the babysitter, disciplinary figure, father figure, friend and brother. What a responsibility at the early age of 8! Thank you! I know our mom depended on him greatly and he had to grow up quickly. He has a big heart and is very selfless. I remember Carl playing the guitar all the time. At Christmas he would bring it to our grandma's house and we would sing with our cousins. He always encouraged me! Carl would also drive us everywhere, he must have been busier than most teenage boys with having to bus around two little sisters! I remember as I grew older and able to date, he would set me up with his friends and we would double date...this was great for me! I felt secure and we always had a good time. Carl introduced me to Spencer's Dad, my ex husband. And what would my life be without that and Spencer...not complete. Carl taught me to love music, and I followed in his footsteps by joining the high school choir. I also developed my love for the gospel through his example, he served a mission and I was so proud to have a brother on a mission! I wanted to do that to! I hope you have a great day!
Love U!


Carl is easy going and has the best laugh!

Just chill'in at my mom's house!

Our kids decorated a pancake to look like Carl...
I think he liked it!

Carl and his good friend from high school, who also happens to be Spencer's dad. Without Carl I would not have meet Jeff or had Spencer, what a gift!


Carl made the trip to Washington to be with us to celebrate Spencer's graduation! He is a great support and we are thankful for his unconditional love!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Happy Birthday Son, I love you so very much.
    Mom

    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete