Monday, June 15, 2009

Spencer is a young man with great faith!

I am such a blessed mom. Spencer is such a great kid, I don't know what I did to deserve such a sweet spirit. I have been so worried about Spencer since I heard he was on a bike in an area with many hills. Because he is diabetic this is a health risk for him, when he exercises his blood sugars drop and he could go into a coma if not treated quickly. I have been praying for him and his health, and am so grateful Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. Read Spencer's letter to me below.



Hi Mom,

Well as for me my week was pretty good. We ran into this muslim guy last week and wow he is pretty cool. His dad was just baptized not too long ago and he wants to learn more about where he came from ; why he is here; and where we are going. 3 questions we can answer haha.
We also got a car! it was a pretty spiritual experience. Monday we had to bike all the way to an appointment down by the beach which was really far for us and basically it turned out to be a waste of time and a waste of energy. We had to bike over like a million different hills and one massive hill of death and when we finally got there she wasn't home!
So we biked all the way over another massive hill of pain to another person and they weren't home. Then I went low, but luckily I had a muffin to eat that we recieved that very day... so I ate that. Anyway after that it was far to late to do anything else so we biked over all the hills and the 2 massive steep hills of death back to our home... waste of time.
So that night i asked Heavenly Father if we need a car and I kid you not; the very next day our AP's call and ask us if we want a car. We both said yes haha. Our prayer was answered! haha it was cool. The Lord is definately looking out for us.

Anyway it was a good week,tough, but good. This area is just a little tougher than any other area I have had, but I know the Lord will provide. Anyway mom that's about it for me! I love you and miss you mom! take care!

Elder Flitton

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Faith is just beautiful! Praying she comes home quickly to her forever family.

    God is so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is so neat that Spencer got a car so soon after both of your prayers. It is just a big relief. Give him my love when you next email him.
    Love to you all,
    MOM/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Spencer's positive attitude and great faith. He will do well no matter where he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing guy you have raised...you have every right to be soo proud.....OK and LOVE Faith's feet in the picture...Just what I had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great man of Faith!!!!

    ReplyDelete