Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We have our fingerprinting appointments!

Jeff got his appointment in the mail a day before I did. We are both scheduled for July 13th...that seems so far away! I was reading on the USCIS web site, and after our 1-800A is approved, we need to have an I-800? Is anyone familiar with this step, and how long does it take?

It's hard to believe we have only been paper chasing since May 1st...it seems like forever when you know what you are working toward. Our deadline to have our dossier in China is August 13th... I am hopeful we won't have to file an extension on that deadline. Send positive thoughts our way!

*Update...an I-800 is the application for our child's visa, and they are taking about 2 weeks, so that is good news. :) Thanks for the positive thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. What a process...but certainly worth it! Here come lots of good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRING IT ON!!! We want FAITH home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it should not be too long now, I believe everything will run just smoothly.
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! We just sent in our I800A application today! We've been paper chasing since Feb. We had everything except our home study in March. Our SW is who has held us up. We are now moving again. :) Won't be long for you now!

    ReplyDelete